Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Facial treatment on a PONGAL day - This happened 3 decades ago



Mid Januaary - three continuous holidays -  
No early rising - No shaving -   No writing reports -


On Pongal Day I wanted to be a little extra smart and naughty to my children. I called my 12 year old dauhter Asha aside and gave an instant affectionate emery treatment on her soft arm with my unshaven face.  She grew pretty wild and punched me black and blue uttering inappropriate words. This is unfair Madam; be fair, I said.  Here is my hand; give me an emery treatment in return. 

She thought for a while; then stood erect; pulled my mush out and I nearly screamed in pain.  “Be fair; Sir, don’t scream; pull my mush out” was her cool retort. 


K. Mathew Thomas, 
Ex. Editor - The Sales Digest

This happened: but 'Sir' and 'Madam' are my additions

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAY I HAVE YOUR COMMENTS? NOT ONLY IT CAN GUIDE ME BUT HELP ME IN RIGHT DIRECTIONS. THANK YOU.